Tools & Resources
Tools & Resources
Now there are even more ways to promote the value of print. Printing Industries of America, together with its affiliates, has developed tools and resources to help promote your printed products to print buyers through a variety of valuable information.
Current, impactful, timely data—this mix is what gives you the most effective way to promote the use of printed materials. Here, you will discover the latest available facts and statistics from around the industry. Each month you’ll find a new valuable fact or article from the updated Value of Print mobile app.
What’s new? Check out the latest figures and tools each month here:
- NEW Statistic! Even in today’s digital world, a study by the Pew Research Center found that 81% of parents believe reading printed books is very important for their children. (Pew Research Center, Internet & American Life Library Services Survey, 2012)
- NEW Statistic!51.5 million tons of paper were recovered from recycling in 2010. (Print is Big)
- NEW Article! “The Secret Lifecycle of Recycled Paper”
- NEW Blog! "Why Gen Y Is More Print-Friendly Than You Think"
- NEW Statistic! In Epsilon’s consumer preference survey: 62% of Americans enjoyed checking the mailbox daily. (The Digital Nirvana, To Print, or Not To Print? That is the Question)
- NEW Statistic! Cloud data doesn’t exist in thin air but in huge data centers that consume vast amounts of energy. How much? A recent study sponsored by The New York Times estimates that worldwide, data centers use about 30 billion watts of electricity, roughly equivalent to the output of 30 nuclear power plants. (Today’s Office: Not So Paperless After All, Why Paper Continues to Thrive in the Digital Age, TheBuildNetwork.com)
- NEW Statistic! Spam email wastes 33 billion kilowatt hours of electricity each year, the equivalent CO2 emissions of 3 million cars using 2 billion gallons of gasoline. (Today’s Office: Not So Paperless After All, Why Paper Continues to Thrive in the Digital Age, TheBuildNetwork.com)
- NEW Statistic! In a survey conducted by the U.S. Postal Service, 67% of respondents said they feel mail is more personal than the Internet; 56% say receiving mail is a real pleasure; and 55% look forward to discovering the mail they receive. (Infomedia for the U.S. Postal Service, March 2005)
- NEW Statistic! A survey by Target Marketing found that direct mail delivers the strongest ROI for both customer acquisition and retention. Among the marketers surveyed, 31% report that direct mail is the most effective means of landing new customers, nearly double those who cited email (17%) or social marketing (13%). (Today’s Office: Not So Paperless After All, Why Paper Continues to Thrive in the Digital Age, TheBuildNetwork.com)
- NEW Statistic! Printed materials—brochures, print ads, direct mail pieces—account for more than 85% of total print industry revenue, as opposed to about 13% for non-print revenue—PURLs, QR codes, email, SMS campaigns, etc. (Direct Marketing News, Look! It’s Alive, It’s Moving! It’s Print)
- NEW Article! “More than 20 leading U.S. companies remove anti paper green claims” (Two Sides U.S. educational campaign successfully corrects greenwashing related to print and paper products; 1/17/2014)
- NEW Statistic! There are more forests in the U.S. today than 70 years ago; the paper industry plants three times more trees than it harvests. The paper industry accounts for only 11% of cut trees. (Today’s Office: Not So Paperless After All, Why Paper Continues to Thrive in the Digital Age, TheBuildNetwork.com)
- Printers support using paper that preserves the ecosystem.
- Paper is a completely renewable resource.
- Print is effective—67% of online action is driven by offline messages.
- 75% of consumers use newspaper inserts to plan purchases.
- The U.S. forest products industry is responsible for more than four million trees being planted each day—greater than what is harvested.
- According to FedEx Office’s annual survey of small businesses, 61% of respondents believe traditional marketing and advertising methods are more effective than Web-based counterparts.
Here you will find brochures, informational sheets, advertisements, posters, videos, and interviews focusing on the value, effectiveness, and true environmental impact of print.
- Collateral—brochures, advertisements, flyers, posters, and other campaigns promoting print from organizations from across the country.
- “The Fine Print” PR Toolkit—this member-only toolkit can be used to convey the value of print and counteract negative statements from the media and objections to print by the consumer.
- Multimedia—radio interviews and videos discussing the effectiveness of print and the value in marketing your company as sustainable.
- Additional Resources—RSS feeds from Print in the Mix offering compelling, verifiable, and factual data from a variety of academic and reputable sources that make the case for print.
If you have any questions regarding the Value of Print campaign, contact Printing Industries of America at 800-910-4283.
The Value of Print—Renewable, Recyclable, Effective
Published on Wednesday, April 16, 2014 (updated 04/17/2014)